Friday, February 18, 2011

Little Women

When i was younger, Jessie (my cousin), my sisters and I would play little women. Jess was always Meg because she was the eldest; i was Jo, i not only came in as next eldest but i was the writer of the group, then Audrey-she got to be Amy because of those golden locks. Becki, who should have rightfully been Amy because she was the youngest invented a character named Peppermint because no one wanted to be Beth because Beth dies. (sorry to those who’ve never seen the movie or read the book).

Here i am, 21 years old, who knows how many years later. i’m an English major getting ready to graduate and i’m still a writer. watching Little Women today made me remember and realize why i’ve always loved writing. it’s about inspiring people; keeping those who’ve passed on alive in pages; about preserving memories and creating worlds.

i greatly miss writing. i miss being able to dive into a completely new world; to leave the cell phones, ipods and crying babies (hello TVA) behind. to envelop myself in words has been my greatest desire for as long as i can remember.

it’s time to start writing again.

No comments:

Post a Comment