Friday, February 19, 2010

Amateur: A lover or someone pursuing something for love

Do you love the Olympics?? I do. I’m obsessed. I’m watching right now and I’m at work. Granted we have a TV at the RWC (Reading &Writing Center) but still. I’m watching John Weir skate….if you ask me, he should be John Weird. I’m sure I’m not the first to think that or to say it but I mean I KNOW figure skating involves glitter and glam, but he’s the fairest looking guy out there. I mean, look at Scott Hamilton. He still managed to look strong while skating like a fairy princess on clouds. I know I don’t have half the stamina that they need for skating. And I know absolutely NOTHING except how to tell the difference between a double and a triple…but that’s only ‘cause I can count.
I love the Olympics (my original point) because it’s amateurs. They compete because they LOVE their sport. Figure skating, snowboarding, skiing, you name it and they love it. When they were 8 they drew pictures of themselves winning the Olympics. They followed it because they LOVE it. love.

Love.

I love writing. I would love to make a living writing. Who thinks I can do it?
I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment