Thursday, March 4, 2010

"Hey remember me? We were kids together, Will you Marry me?"

Yup. Ladies and gentlemen, he proposed. Here’s the scoop. So I work at the reading and writing center(RWC). Our room connects to a classroom through a door. So I was sitting at the very computer I’m writing this from now and suddenly all this music started coming from the classroom. It was loud and we could hear it through the wall. Janelle asked me to go tell them to turn it down because “we’re trying to tutor people, for heaven’s sake!” so I walked over thinking “why can’t Christy do it? She’s closer to the door. It’ll only take one good yell.” I open the door and Jake is sitting there watching Where the Wild Things Are (the movie we saw on our first date). I say “Jake. What are you doing?” he says, “Close the door!” I turn around and the entire RWC is peaking in through the crack in the door. I see all these little pieces of paper on the ground: “Joy; filling me up with love and peace” “Sexy; I can’t keep my paws off you” “Spontaneous; in smiles, laughter, songs and love” “Love; no matter what I do, goofy or grumpy, you love me and will love me always” “Active; wanting to live by doing, not by seeing” and “Smart; intelligence to comprehend, capacity to learn.” Of course my first thought is: “Is he doing a workshop? Doesn’t he know we don’t usually do them in here anymore?” Then he stands up, walking over to me, and hands me a dozen roses and says “Hey remember me? We were kids together.” (From Robin Hood) then he got down on his LEFT knee (Mom) and asked me to marry him and I said Yes. Poof. I’m engaged.

No comments:

Post a Comment