Friday, February 3, 2012

“Come, and dream with me.”

Hugo.

I believe this is one of those movies you either get or you don’t.

I went and saw Hugo with my husband and brother-in-law today. They complained of a lack of plot line, action, or anything remarkably interesting. I found the opposite to be true. This little boy with his dark hair and bright blue eyes living in a world of machines found his way into my heart. Hugo touched me. It was magical. It was about a little lost boy finding his place, his purpose. It was about innocence, hope, dreams, adventure; it was about heartache, loss, and being lost, about not knowing who you are, or where you fit, about losing all the dreams you worked so hard for. It’s about fixing what was broken, finding what was lost, and finding the key that unlocks the path home. I feel changed; maybe it will wear off, but i hope it doesn’t. It was about magic. It was about love.

like i said, you either get it,

or you don’t.

 

and that’s okay, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment