Tuesday, March 18, 2014

3 days in one: 18, 19, & 20

18. What has been the most difficult thing you have had to forgive?

This will sound petty and lame, but my hardest moment of forgiveness was when I had to forgive my parents for sending my sister on an all-expenses-paid trip to Europe. I was pissed. I don't hold grudges, but I held that one for quite a while. 
 
19. If you could live anywhere, where would it be and why?

New England...or Old England ;) I'm not picky. (This is mostly because I've always wanted to live in England, and I totally fell in love with the UK while we were there for a brief week; however, I could probably live in New England because it looks like old England, but we'd still be in the states, which means we could get a retirement plan.) 
 
20. Describe 3 significant memories from your childhood.

(These are just the first 3 that popped into my head)
1. When I was a kid in Hawaii, we had a macadamia nut tree in our yard. We used to climb it and pick the ripe nuts (or walk around under the tree and find the freshly-fallen nuts), and we'd get my dad's hammer and put the nuts in the cracks in the sidewalk. (Have you ever tried to crack a nut with a hammer? Nuts are round....they just roll away, hence the sidewalk cracks.) We'd crack the nuts with a hammer and pick out the bits of nut from the cracked shell and eat them. 

2.  When I lived in San Pedro, California, my best bud, Nikki, and I made up a dance for "That Don't Impress Me Much" by Shania Twain. I think I still remember some dance moves. :)

3. I also remember trying to save a little bird with Nikki. We named the bird Hopscotch, and when he died, we buried him on top of the hill, so he'd have a view of the ocean.

No comments:

Post a Comment