Thursday, May 16, 2013

Balto vs. Fatty McFatPants

We’ve all heard the old story about how we all have two wolves living inside of us: a good wolf, and a bad wolf (No Doctor Who reference intended). Right? The proverb says that the wolf that wins is the wolf we feed.

Here’s the thing: I’ve got two different wolves in a different fight. My good wolf more or less dominates the bad wolf. No, my fight is between Lean-Mean-Fight-Machine-wants-to-be-fit-and-healthy wolf, and fatty-mc-fat-pants-can’t-even-wear-pants-because-he’s-so-fat wolf. Just picture Balto on the fit wolf side, and an obese couch-potato wolf picking old chips out of his fur because he’s too lazy to get another bag of chips.

Have you pictured it?

These are the wolves that fight inside of me…but it’s not really a fight. It’s more like Balto, standing there looking all majestic, is giving me a “Why You Can Do it Too!” Pep talk, and fat wolf is like, “Nah, too lazy to fight. Sure, go run. Like that sounds more fun than sitting here, eating all the yogurt in the house and watching Deadliest Catch. Knock yourself out, Kid.” I turn to Balto and say, “You know he has a point. Outside is full of bugs, and outside-ness. We should just chill on the couch. That sounds better.”

Anyway, just thought I’d share, so you were all aware of my inner struggle. I think I’m going to go find some yogurt…

No comments:

Post a Comment