Monday, November 2, 2009

a love with peter and unicorns

j.m. barrie was inspired to write peter pan just for me.

ok so i'm quite selfish. according to the gopel of danica:
1. the ocean
2. surfing
3. peter pan
4. cats
5. chocolate
6. josh groban
7. italian

were all invented/born/or brought to this world specifically to make ME, DANICA PALMER, happy. :)

so here's what i'm thinking, although i have midterms, although i have loads of homework-my goal in life is to be a children's writer, right? (the answer is yes) so i have to keep my head there, in the easy-go-lucky, magical fairy land which children reside in. so i'm going to take a few of my favorite books, the last unicorn, peter pan, the two princesses of bamarre (my most favoritest book EVER), and the adventures of alice in wonderland/through the looking glass (it's 2 stories in one book) all to school with me. i'll read them throughout the week (as soon as i finish angels & demons) and keep my head happy.

i find my heart ever so content in the land of make-believe. it breaks my heart that peter was so featherbrained, but alas, most boys that age are and he has been that age for quite a long time. his explinations are fantastic though. "You see, Wendy, when the first baby laughed for the first time, its laugh broke into a thousand pieces, and they all went skipping about, and that was the beginning of fairies." (35-36) I always wanted peter to come and take me from my window and fly me to neverland. i'm not like Wendy, i would have stayed with him, gone on all the adventures, even become better at sword fighting than he. i would have embraced it. but at 19, i think a 15 year old in some leaves is a bit young for me. i'd never the heart to ask him to stay, even if only for a few years to even the ages between us.

For those of you who have never read the first unicorn i must urge you to read it. it's by far one of my favorites.
alas my lids grow heavy and i know the ocean's siren call will becon me come morning.
until next time.
adieu

No comments:

Post a Comment