Monday, February 3, 2014

Day 3

3. Describe your relationship with your parents.

This is a hard one for me because it's changed so much. My relationship with my parents is different now from how it was five years ago. I guess a lot changes in five years for most people, but it did a whole 180 for me. 
My relationship with my parents is like a line from a Taylor Swift song: "We learn to live with the pain, mosaic broken hearts." It's broken and whole at the same time. There are pieces that used to be there that aren't there anymore, and I have to find a way to live with it, and fix it at the same time. I think most mosaics are beautiful because of their broken yet whole quality, but I don't know that I'd ever want to describe a relationship like that. 
I guess, I think we are all broken somehow, and so when we find people that make use feel whole, we think we are whole, but we're not really, we're just more whole than we were on our own. We're all mosaics looking for other mosaics who can help us fill in the cracks and feel more whole.

I digress. My relationship with my parents is a garden. There's a lot of beautiful flowers, but there are some weeds that need pulling as well. I trust them, but not the way I used to. I understand them, but not the way I used to. Things are ever-changing, and ever-growing, and stagnant all at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment