Sunday, February 9, 2014

Day 6

6. What is the hardest thing you have ever experienced?

Marriage. It is the hardest, but most rewarding thing I've ever done (and I'm still doing it!). You have to learn to live with another person, and you learn to love that person even though he snores when he's sick. You have to get past the honeymoon stage and learn to talk to each other, to listen to each other, to really communicate and connect with each other. 

It's hard; it's work. The Disney movies never tell you that you have to earn your happily ever after, that you have to work hard to get and keep your happily ever after. They forget to mention that happily ever after is not always happy. 

In spite of and maybe because of all of this, it's the best thing I've ever done, it's the best thing I'm doing, and I wouldn't change a moment. 
   

No comments:

Post a Comment